Thursday, March 9, 2017

Faberge style Eggs!

I love the sheer beauty and craftsmanship of Faberge eggs.. they are completely over the top and extravagant (or eggtravagant! Lol).  I was so inspired by them I had to design some die cuts for Joanna, you can find them here
Here are the sample cards I made for Joanna:

 I can't be the only one with tons of holographic card stashed away wondering how to use it?.. Well die cut these eggs with it for an instant BLING!! I layered them over holographic too! This card is mainly black and cream with a little touch of lime green (holographic too!) The egg holders are plain cream card plus I added cream tulle across the base of the card to add to the luxury.


 To create the concertina style opening I drew around the egg die placing it next to the last one but slightly overlapping as I went along and then folding along the joins..it creates a lovely egg shaped mini book.  I decorated each egg with various colours of lace paper from Joanna Sheen Vol 1 Pad
 Then die cut 6 white Signature die Anya Faberge style egg for the inside pages and die 1
Signature die Caterina Faberge style egg for the front. I added ribbon before sticking to the card. All the flowers are from the Signature Dies flowers and leaves collection - I used Herb garden and Herb border and the Primrose.
For this card I die cut all 3 layers of card in the same place to layer up. I added mirror card on the inside to reflect the back of the egg. The egg is the Signature Die Anya Faberge style egg die cut from gold card and I cut 2 base dies. I made 2 eggs up layering one onto red the other onto blue card and stuck them back to back sandwiching cotton in the middle so as to attach the cotton in the layers of the background to hide it. The lovely Teddys are from Joanna Sheen Janet Kruskamp cardmaking collection Pad 1 and 2  and the lovely blue backing paper is from Joanna Sheens Paper collections Pad Vol 4 Christmas    and of course as with all these cards I added lots of gems!! Lol

Thanks for visiting and I hope these have inspired you to make your own Faberge style egg cards to share this Easter

1 comment:

  1. There are eggstra special Sylvia! Absolutely gorgeous!
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails