Sunday, October 2, 2016

TV sample cards and a free template

Here are some sample cards I made for Joanna Sheen's last TV shows.



This card was fun to make with the little lights added to the tree.
The bunting and backing paper are from the JS Christmas Paper pad.
The topper frame is an envelope to the thickness of the battery case (about 5 mm)with a cut out
opening – also helps keep the light inside where it's
wanted. I printed the image from the CDRom twice onto matt photo paper and again onto some vellum.
I punched holes where the candles are on the tree, layered the vellum under the image matching it up.
I cut out the little girls from the second printout layering them on top.
On a piece of card the same size as the topper I stuck down the lights where the candles are on the tree. I added mini Holly dies
The starry night Edger makes a magical edge for the easel to stand against.. I added mini Fir branch dies and the greeting and some pearls.

This card uses some burlap sparkly ribbon that
 I pulled apart for the frame around the topper.
Used Mini Fir branch die with faux red pearl pen added for a 
touch of festive colour.
Added The Holly Edger in 2 rows with light
inking for a more vintage feel.

Printed Angel and flowery papers from CDRom
All layers were sanded, pieced and added faux
stitching. Starry and snowflake papers from
JS Christmas pad.
andmini Fir die coloured with promarkers
Tiny pearls add sparkle and the pom pom
braid gives the feel of snow.

 
Printed out Santa topper adjusting the colours
to give a more sepia look. sanded the edges and added glitter..
Distressed the edges by sanding on all
4 backing paper layers from JS Vol 2 pad
added glitter on edges of top 2 layers
Layered them all onto the Red card stock
Added ribbons and silver bells plus the 25th 
with promarker pens
Added a mixture of real flat pearls and faux
pearls with a pearl pen.


I made box up as per template instructions
Added background paper from JS Vol 2 pad
also pretty winter images from the Jane Netley Mayhew Pad.
added Pom Pom braid around edge
Basic template & Instructions available at the end of this blog.


... and with the lights on....

 
I printed out the image from the Josephine Wall project book (No 9 Dew Drop Dancers)
Matt and layered the image, punched a hole
under the top right leaf (where the added layeres
will cover it up).then punched a hole through the main layer on the card and through the card front itself.
Then I poked the little lights through the hole to the image glueing them onto the drew drop carefully. Once this was dry I layered up all the layers and the netting. The Fairy Aurora die cut x2 from purple card – I added sparkly organsa in-between the layers of her wings for a more magical effect.
The lights are taped unside the card making it easy to turn them on and off.

I cut the tree shape from a Wood effect paper from the JS paper pad Vol 2 I chose the part with a knot in the wood so I could cut it out and layer the picture beneath. I cut a rough door shape for the fairy door and again adding an image to a secret word beneath the tree cut out. The die cut mini fairies have wings with sparkly organsa for shimmer. I added glitter to the main Topper image (No 4 Secret Garden) from the Josephone Wall project book and layered it up
The inked backing paper is from the pad along with the grass and floral edge.

I tore several pieces of the papers from the JS
Vol 2 paper pad to make the background. I cut out various little children from the Faye Whittaker pad plus the little boy by his beach hut.
add more to the little scene.
I used a red pen to add the red stripe around the edge of the card.

Used the Weathered Wood backing paper from the JS pad Vol 2 – cut out each plank and sanded back and then inked with Blueprint Sketch distress ink. Die cut the beach huts and birds
the Lifeboat ring was cut freehand with added
string for a beachy feel.

Thanks for visiting today but before I go: I made  up these templates for you to print out and use if you would like to have a go at making your own Memo pad box - just print out (to get actual size, print each of them on 2 halves and stick the A4 bits together if you don't have a printer big enough)


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for leaving me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails