I've decorated malma frames on and off for years. I love the way they are such a blank canvas for any type of decoration and they are soo inexpensive Lol!
I wanted to share a cool technique that is new to me (it's probably been around for ages Lol)
I've had a pile of old (almost vintage I would say) piano manuscript books in my stash for ages and have used them for a few craft projects already., but the other day I saw something on pinterest that made me wonder if I could wax onto inkjet print..and decopage with it. I have never done that before because of the inkjet ink smugding.. but I thought 'what if I used Annie sloane clear wax on it to seal it'... so I decided to experiment. I dug out the piano music sheets and printed florals onto some.. There are some poems inwith some of the music sheets so I printed on one of those too. I think they look really pretty next to each other...the music doesn't match the poem on this frame as I didn't realise in my eagerness to experiment Lol, but I have made sure to keep matching poems and music together for the next frames I do. I was in such a hurry that I just couldn't wait to paint the frame first so I inked it to make it look old instead... but I know it will look so much better when I paint the next one first.
I carefully glued the floral music sheets to the frame by applying glue to paper first so I didn't get any glue on top. When it was dry, I distressed the edges with sandpaper and then applied Annie sloane wax, after that dried I buffed with a soft cloth and then added a small amount of pebeo gilding wax to the edges for a tiny bit of bling.
I am really pleased with the result and I can't wait to make lots more Lol.
Thanks for visitin today and your comments are always welcome Lol