Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pressed flower wedding sample day 2

Here is the second sample from Sundays Wedding show.


This measures 6" sq when closed. To make this you will need a piece of card measuring roughly 16" x 6 and scored 2" from each side and one for a fold in the middle. I added a blue colour card to each flap and then a piece of vintage doily - I spread glue gel all over the back very carefully to stick the doily on well to the card and blotting with a piece of kitchen towel to take away the excess glue.. this worked well for this doily but some might go too soggy with the wet glue.. I suppose if you have a xyron machine you could run it through easier. (I used to have one but it broke grr..) Also, you don't have to use a real doily, there are some beautiful doily dies out there that would look just as pretty or even some large doily rubber stamps embossed in white or cream would also work well for this look.

The tiny blue flowers are from Joanna's Pressed flower Blue pack I only needed a few for this invite and I covered them with a piece of organza, wrapping it around the piece of card with the details and then sticking it down. I glued some gems on top.. this not only looks lovely but adds to the protection of the flowers by keeping the organza in one place.
I embossed a panel for the RSVP part using the Tied together embossing folder, slipping the RSVP in to the pocket.
Finally, I added some velcro to keep the flap closed and stuck a silky bow for decoration.

I hope this inspires someone to have a go using some pressed flowers on their wedding invites or even on cards. Leave me a comment if you would like and have the time

Thank You for visiting to day.. see you tomorrow with another sample.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my this is so elegant and just scrumptious I love the doily and the beautiful blue you have out with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails