__

Sunday, March 4, 2012

More samples

Where have I been?. I can't believe that time is going so quickly. I have designed more rubber stamp designs for Joanna Sheen and I have been busy making sample cards for Joanna's TV shows, so I haven't had much chance to pop on here to finish sharing the Wedding show samples with pressed flowers. I'll pop them here today and also post the Jane Shasky sample cards in the next post that were on the TV last weekend.
Card making is a kind of therepy for me. I enjoy creating cards and enjoy the challenge of using new stamp designs. The new stamp designs that I have done for Joanna will be on TV this month.

Here are the rest of the Wedding day Pressed flower samples....


I used a fabric glue to stick the tulle netting on top of the lovely die cut frame.. the netting is enough to protect the pressed Roses and it looks really pretty too.
I used a piece from wedding favour tulle round, then embossed some card and die cut a window to go over the top, it matches the pattern on the tulle. I glued tiny rhinestones at every cross over in the pattern to add sparkle.
This was fun to do... I puzzled how to stick the skeleton leaf onto the card without seeing any glue.. .. It's a pity that my xyron machine broke years ago..so I decided to use some PVA , so I applied the glue to the leaf and blotted very well after placing it on the card.. most of the excess comes off and leaves the leaf very well stuck down.. it worked for me anyway.. but if you do have a xyron ... it really would be so much less messy Lol..
The petals where lightly glued onto a pre cut heart then mounted onto pretty pearly paper then I stuck a clear acetate heart over the top using strong clear glue in tiny dots around the edge.

For this invite I added a punched circle after I glued on the background paper... then arranged the rose buds then added a piece of acetate to cover the whole front of the invite using a thin piece of DST.. the ribbon across the top not only compliments the colour of the roses but also covers any DST that would show otherwise.
For this card I sandwiched the Roses between acetate and netting using dots of glue to hold the netting, also adding pretty bridal sequins over the dots to hide them. When I stick it to the card I added a real doily first. The Rose petals with the words looks like confettii and the handle of the bouquet is simple ribbon wrapped around a triangle shape.

Thanks for looking and once again I hope that I have inspired someone somewhere with these designs.. they are fun to make and can take some time but they are really worth it in the end.

See you next time..
Hugs x

4 comments:

Thankyou for leaving me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails